Job Reference: 434818
The Accountant job duties include working closely with the Finance Manager/CFO to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements are met, reconcile the accounts with the registers as required and resolve all discrepancies.
- Prepare audit schedules to support the financial statement figures and disclosures
- Draft and review financial statements, notes, disclosures and supplementary information for audit and management reporting.
- Ensure that all registers are maintained and routinely reconciled with General Ledger and resolve any accounting discrepancies
- Prepare monthly depreciation runs of all fixed assets and prepare the journal for review by the CFO / designate.
- Prepare and process journal entries, monthly reports for the approval of the CFO or designate
- Prepare forecasted fixed asset and inventory schedules as required by the CFO to include in monthly and annual financial statements and forecasts, or additionally as directed.
- Manage the Fixed Assets Registers to ensure that Periodic revaluation is conducted, and the revalued amounts are reflected in the Register.
- Prepare all adjusting journals arising from revaluation/ disposal or Impairment for the approval of the CFO.
- Ensure that semiannual impairment tests are performed on the assets and these are duly noted and reported to the CFO
- Perform periodic audits of the Fixed Assets and Inventory to ensure they reflect true and fair values in accordance with IFRS.
- Undertakes any reasonable training that is required to fulfil the responsibilities and tasks assigned
- Assist in the preparations and migration to Great Plains Dynamics accounting software as required.
- Perform any ad hoc duties
- A Bachelor degree
- 3-5 years of progressive financial responsibility including three (3) years of administrative and supervisory responsibility
- Audit background preferred
- Thorough knowledge and experience with the application of Generally accepted accounting and internal control principles (GAAP), and international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics Accounting Software
Hourly rate based on your experience plus benefits as per labour law.
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.