Permanent. Corporate Legal Secretary / Paralegal
Job Reference: 433856
The Agency is assisting a high-regarded international law firm in the Cayman Islands in search of a Legal Secretary/Paralegal to provide support to the firm’s attorneys and team members across its Corporate practice.
- Preparing, editing and formatting of initial drafts of documents including, board minutes, directors resolutions, shareholder resolutions, power of attorney, structured finance transaction documentation, mutual fund documentation, share certificates, entries for registers of mortgages and charges and legal opinions;
- Assisting with the formation of companies and limited partnerships, fund registrations, ship registrations, registration of trusts, secured lending and compliance including the preparation of first drafts of documents;
- Document filing with relevant internal and external bodies;
- Billing and matter management – invoicing duties, billings, ensuring accuracy submission, preparing invoice cover letters;
- Proactively contribute to the overall success of the firm success by actively seeking to improve working processes, proactively anticipating the needs of clients and colleagues;
- Develop excellent relationships with internal/external clients promptly and professionally;
- Diary management.
- Ideally a Law Degree or similar with 3 years of experience or 5 years of relevant legal experience;
- Proven track record of working in a Corporate firm/department previously;
- Excellent typing speed and experience in drafting legal correspondence;
- Upstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and self-manage;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, busy team whilst working well under pressure;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Salary: up to US$85,000 bonus, overtime and more.
If you are interested in this position or would like to explore similar opportunities, please apply or email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.