Permanent. Finance Manager
Job Reference: 900841
This is a ‘proper’ industry accounting role (non-FS), working under a highly experienced CFO and managing a team of 3 transactional staff. This is a new role designed to act as the CFO’s right-hand person, taking over management of the team and all of the day-to-day accounting for the business. There is also an element of succession-planning involved; the CFO would love to hire someone with the potential to take over the reins in the medium-term.
The Finance Manager will be broadly responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the organization’s financial information. This will include managing and performing month-end close, financial reporting, account and bank reconciliations, audit preparation, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Directing the day-to-day management and continuous operation of the accounting function, with the primary focus on the general ledger, accounts payable, management reporting, and cash management functions
- Assist with budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Provide fact-based recommendations to the business which improve profitability, operating efficiency and effectiveness
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends
- Support the company goals and initiatives through a strong and innovative accounting strategy across all Business units
- Train junior staff and handle performance management for the assigned team members
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience including 2 years in a managerial capacity
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour and positive attitude in a fast-paced, continually changing business environment
- knowledgeable of accounting policies and procedures, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiar with PFMA, IFRS, PSMA, Labour, Pension, Health Insurance and other related legislation and regulatory frameworks
Salary: US$95,000-US$100,000 per annum plus benefits. Please note only Caymanians will be considered for this role.
We believe in inclusive workplaces and we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that candidates may require during the recruitment process; you will be asked if you require any during the application process. If you’d like to request additional options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to hear about similar roles, please go ahead and apply.