Permanent. Infrastructure Engineer
Job Reference: 688064
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the operating and ongoing maintenance of the Information Technology and Datacentre infrastructure across the enterprise. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, monitoring and optimizing all storage and compute hardware, resources and associated software .
- Managing fleets of servers across the globe, focusing on security, availability (uptime), multiple redundancy and automation
- Implement and maintain equipment within the datacentres ensuring adherence to industry standards
- Conduct research on infrastructure products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Works with business and system owners to meet disaster recovery requirements
- Works with the Information Security team to ensure that appropriate preventative and detective controls are in place in order to protect the integrity, confidentiality and accessibility of data
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Perform scheduled operational tasks including monitoring performance and capacity metrics across the infrastructure to maintain stability and prevent downtime.
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in an IT Infrastructure role
- Relevant professional certifications that validate the fundamental skills required to manage the above technologies
- Basic understanding of cryptography
- Experience with Linux CLI/bash (absolute requirement) and python any other languages to help optimize the operations
- Extensive experience troubleshooting complex Hardware, software and cloud services
- Coding knowledge
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Knowledge of industry standards and roadmaps applicable to the offshore industry
- Ability to conduct research into Infrastructure issues and products as required
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Salary: US$90,000-US$110,000 per annum plus benefits.
If you are on island candidate and looking for temporary or permanent position, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.