Permanent. Lead Network Engineer
Job Reference: 880042
The Lead Network Engineer role is responsible for the development, management and ongoing maintenance of Network systems and appliances across the enterprise. The Lead Network Engineer will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyse and monitor network traffic.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification or replacement of network infrastructure components, ensuring adherence to industry standards
- Make suggestions to improve Governance, Risk, Compliance of the IT systems and supported services
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and procedures
- Monitor and analyse network performance across the organization’s LAN, WAN, and wireless deployments
- Recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands
- Assist with the preparation of the annual IT budget
- Monitor the network utilizing network traffic management software and server security to protect systems internal and external foreseeable threats
- Analyze and recommend on-going changes to processes
- Ensure sufficient backup and recovery procedures from foreseeable disasters
- Research opportunities and make appropriate recommendations for hardware and software used in cyber defence and detection
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a network role with 5 years’ in a senior role
- Proven track record of mentoring junior employees/conducting training
- Proven skills and working knowledge in all of the following disciplines: Microsoft Windows Server, Win 10 Desktop, Microsoft Exchange – in a clustered environment, and Office 365 tools; Active Directory; DNS; DHCP, CISCO Routers, HPE Switches, WAF Technology, NG firewall clusters; all VMware facets; Server Security Certificate Management, Help Desk Management, Patch Management and Load Balancing concepts; etc.
- Network Infrastructure Certifications are an asset, i.e. (MCSE, ITIL, CCNA, CCNP)
- Sound knowledge of backup strategies, disaster recovery scenarios and business continuity plans
Salary: US$124,000 – US$155,000 per annum plus benefits.
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply