Permanent. Legal Counsel
Job Reference: 412911
The Agency has partnered with an international retail and corporate bank in the Cayman Islands in recruiting for a Legal Counsel to join the firm’s Cayman offices.
As the successful Legal Counsel, you will review, interpret and translate legal requirements and effectively communicating these to the business and external stakeholders. You will be involved in numerous highly sensitive projects, overseeing compliance of local and international financial and related regulation and collaborate with the bank’s overseas offices to ensure harmonisation of policies and procedures for a variety of the bank’s functions.
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance;
- Draft and review legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements etc;
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues;
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trusts;
- Responsible for oversight of all bank compliance-related matters;
- Keeping up with current changes in all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function.
- The successful candidate must be admitted as an attorney-at-law in the Cayman Islands;
- This role is available to Caymanian status holders and Permanent Residents only;
- Three or more years’ experience working at a reputable law firm, or prior experience as a legal counsel within a regulated financial organization;
- Strong academic record;
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills.
Salary: up to US$173,000 per annum plus bonus, full health and other generous benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to learn about similar roles then please apply or email Payam@theagency.ky.