Permanent. Litigation Legal Secretary
Job Reference: 885916
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Secretary to join the Dispute Resolution team of one of Cayman’s most reputable law firms and work closely with senior fee-earners. The firm is highly respected for its open and collaborative working environment, learning & development and generally as a happy place to work.
- Preparing, amending and drafting court bundles, forms and other legal documents;
- Ensure all court documents are in order and filed before deadlines;
- Research and authenticate important case information;
- Billing and practice management;
- Completing conflict checks and opening new files;
- Liaising with courts and external counsel on a variety of matters;
- Responsibility for some diary management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Legal Secretary within a law firm;
- Experience of working with cases involving insolvency and litigation;
- Ability to work under your own initiative and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of the court rules, fees and forms;
- Team player able to fit into a friendly but busy team and undertake work for all the members of the team when required;
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to build a good rapport with clients, Counsel and other contacts.
Salary: US$75,000 – US$95000 per annum plus benefits.
If you are interested in this position or similar opportunities, please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.
We believe in inclusive workplaces and we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that candidates may require during the recruitment process; you will be asked if you require any during the application process. If you’d like to request additional options, please email email@example.com.