Permanent. Network and Telecommunications Engineer
Job Reference: 975490
The Network and Telecommunications Engineer role is responsible for the development, management and ongoing maintenance of Network/Voice systems and appliances across the enterprise. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all local and wide area network connections, associated software, and communication links. You will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, ensuring the reliability, performance, and security of our telecommunications systems.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network and voice infrastructure components, ensuring adherence to industry standards
- Establish connectivity and uptime service level agreements
- Ensure network and IP connectivity between workstations, application servers, back-end office and cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with the management team to deliver global system stability and availability
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and procedures
- Monitor and analyse network performance across the organization’s LAN, WAN, and wireless deployments. Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands
- Assist with the preparation of the annual IT budget
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a network and telecommunications role with 5 years’ in a senior role
- Proven experience specifically designing and supporting core network and voice infrastructure environments
- Attained Cisco Certified Networking Associate designation (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional is required (CCNP)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco and Juniper network equipment and VoIP technologies.
- Experience with network monitoring and management tools
Salary: US$97,000-US$120,000 per annum plus benefits.
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.
We believe in inclusive workplaces and we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that candidates may require during the recruitment process; you will be asked if you require any during the application process. If you’d like to request additional options, please email Colin@theagency.ky.