Temporary. Senior Compliance Officer (TEMP)
Job Reference: 899895
On behalf of a market-leading banking institution in the Caribbean region we are recruiting for a Senior Compliance Officer to join their team on a temporary basis.
You will be a primary resource for compliance issues for the firm’s staff, clients and will work directly for the Manager assisting with regulatory filings, review of fund activity, annual compliance plans, assisting with special projects and providing regulatory guidance and support to the business divisions operating in the Cayman Islands.
- Ensuring that all company activities and operations are carried out in compliance with relevant laws and regulations]
- Reviewing compliance onboarding practices and documentation and make recommendations as to improvements
- Providing advice and guidance to team members on complex issues, on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring the firm’s Financial Crime / Money laundering procedures are kept up to date at all times
- Reviewing transaction reports and suspicious activity reports and summarize findings
- Identify risks, discuss compliance requirements with the management and recommend results accordingly
- Handle statutory filings with the regulatory bodies
- Managing new and existing projects
- Supervising and training other staff members
- A Legal or accounting professional designation is preferable
- Minimum 5 years of relevant compliance experience in a senior capacity
- Good knowledge of AML/CFT legal and regulatory framework
- Strong project management skills
- Sound judgment and an ability to appropriately escalate issues internally
- Ability to understand and assess a wide variety of complex commercial transactions
- Ability and technical knowledge to assist in developing and facilitating Compliance and Financial Crime training activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to provide viable solutions in a time-sensitive environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and effective time management
Hourly rate; DOE plus benefits
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.