Permanent. Senior Fund Accountant
Job Reference: 249571
The Senior Fund Accountant is a critical role responsible for the preparation and review of hedge fund and limited partnership fund valuations, including portfolio valuation, fee computation, various accruals, and income allocations. In addition, the incumbent will report directly to the Managing Director and will handle client liaison and have some involvement in new business development, as well as oversight of the fund administration staff.
- Perform daily accounting of assigned funds.
- Perform month-end reconciliations and account closings.
- Perform fund analysis and reporting for critical decision-making purposes.
- Stay up-to-date with accounting principles and procedures.
- Work with Auditors in annual audit and tax filing activities.
- Develop process improvements to enhance financial performance.
- Respond to Auditor inquiries and prepare financial statements required for auditing.
- Monitor and manage cash flows and expenses.
- Analyze fund requests and manage fund distributions.
- Maintain accounting system to record all fund transactions.
- Generate routine and ad-hoc financial statements for management.
- Respond to accounting inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Analyze root causes of accounting discrepancies and provide corrective actions.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Resolve accounting variances and estimate monthly closing accruals
- Help to manage the admin team
- Directly support the MD in running the business day-to-day
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in accounting or finance
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA
- 5 years’ experience in fund administration, ideally including limited partnerships
- Expertise in various investment instruments including equities, fixed income, options, futures, private equity, mutual fund investments and/or real estate
- Autonomous, independent attitude to work
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills and attention to details
Salary: $85-100,000 USD per annum plus benefits.
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.