Permanent. Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Job Reference: 516827
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the operating and ongoing maintenance of the Information Technology and Datacentre infrastructure across the enterprise. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, monitoring and optimizing all storage and compute hardware, resources, associated software and cloud services. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will also troubleshoot performance issues within the infrastructure and cloud services environments in use by our client.
- Implement and maintain equipment within the datacentres ensuring adherence to industry standards
- Implement highly available and stable inter-datacentre solutions leveraging Microsoft’s Technology Stack; on-premises and cloud
- Conduct research on infrastructure products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Leverages Microsoft and third-party technologies to promote efficiently and agility with respect to the delivery and management of Windows servers.
- Works with business and system owners to meet disaster recovery requirements
- Works with the Information Security team to ensure that appropriate preventative and detective controls are in place in order to protect the integrity, confidentiality and accessibility of our client’s data
- Participates in projects by implementing infrastructure for new business systems
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Perform scheduled operational tasks including monitoring performance and capacity metrics across the infrastructure to maintain stability and prevent downtime. Identify performance bottlenecks and implements fixes accordingly.
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT Infrastructure role
- Relevant professional certifications that validate the fundamental skills required to manage the above technologies: HPE ASE or Master ASE certification, MCSE or Azure certification
- Extensive experience working with HPE ProLiant servers, StoreOnce and 3PAR SANs
- Extensive experience with the support of Microsoft servers to include proficiency in PowerShell, Infrastructure as Code, DSC, Hyper-V, Group Policy management and SCCM
- Extensive experience troubleshooting complex Hardware, software and cloud services
- Experience in software-defined and cloud services such as SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and DaaS
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Management
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Knowledge of industry standards and roadmaps applicable to the offshore industry
- Ability to conduct research into Infrastructure issues and products as required
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Salary: US$100,000 – US$130,000 per annum plus benefits.
If you are on island candidate and looking for temporary or permanent position, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.