Permanent. Senior Internal Auditor
Job Reference: 250480
The Senior Internal Auditor will play a key role in the Internal Audit & Risk Management team, working across the business to assess financial and operational risk and control activities, with the objective of managing risk and establishing a strong control environment globally as well as achieving the organization’s operational objectives.
The individual will work closely with senior leadership teams and others on a variety of operational risk assessments and audits while working closely with the financial reporting colleagues to strengthen the overall internal control environment.
- Accomplish the company’s objectives by implementing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of control environment including risk management, operational, financial, internal control and governance process.
- Design process to determine the adequacy of controls (design and effectiveness) and compliance with policies and procedures i.e. internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with Canadian and USA Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Design programs to test controls to ensure they are working as designed by reviewing documentation, meeting with management to discuss the business processes, and observing general business operations
- Perform data analysis to identify issues in the testing of controls, partnering with the data analytics team
- Document audit activities, identified issues, and conclusions to assist with reporting to stakeholders
- Must hold a professional accounting designation such as CPA, CA or ACCA
- 5 years of combined experience in public accounting, corporate finance/accounting and/or internal audit.
- Experience with operational audits and internal controls testing strongly preferred.
- Experience with managing projects and other team members.
- Possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills.
Salary – US$ 74,000-US$97,000 plus benefits.
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.