Permanent. Senior Network Engineer
Job Reference: 966215
The Senior Network Engineer role is responsible for the development, management and ongoing maintenance of Network systems and appliances across the enterprise. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all local and wide area network connections, associated software, and communication links. The Senior Network Engineer will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyse and monitor network traffic.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components, ensuring adherence to industry standards
- Establish connectivity and uptime service level agreements
- Ensure network and IP connectivity between workstations, application servers, back-end office and cloud infrastructure
- Influence the broader strategy for the department by cross-functional collaboration with the Strategy and Architecture Team
- Work closely with the Lead Infrastructure Engineer to deliver global system stability and availability
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, wan optimizers and load balancers
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and procedures
- Monitor and analyse network performance across the organization’s LAN, WAN, and wireless deployments. Identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands
- Assist with the preparation of the annual IT budget
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a network role with 5 years’ in a senior role
- Relevant professional certifications to validate the skills required to manage the above technologies, for example: Palo Alto PCNSE, HP Aruba ACSA or ASA, Cisco CCNP or CCIE certification
- Extensive experience of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, OSPF, LACP, Trunking, VLANs, TCP/IP
- Extensive experience of software-defined and cloud based networking
- Experience working in a switched and routed environment
- Experience troubleshooting complex network services
- Experience of existing global hardware products including Cisco, Palo Alto, Veeam, Rubrik, Aruba, Meraki, HP, NetApp, Flow etc.
- Experience of network management and analysis tools, including LogicMonitor, Datadog, Solarwinds, Network Config Manager and other equivalent market products
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS/AV and other network security measures
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and law
Salary: DOE per annum plus benefits.
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.
We believe in inclusive workplaces and we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that candidates may require during the recruitment process; you will be asked if you require any during the application process. If you’d like to request additional options, please email Colin@theagency.ky.