Permanent. Spectrum Manager
Job Reference: 771312
The Spectrum Manager, under the direction of the Executive Director – Information, has accountability related to spectrum management policy development, general licensing and compliance, radio frequency (RF) interference management, and all forms of radio management and licensing for ship, aircraft, mobile, amateur and RF broadcasting in accordance with the regulatory regime.
- Develop, lead, and implement national spectrum management projects involving review of all parts of the national frequency plan, national table of frequency allocations, scheduling and collection of spectrum fees, spectrum re-framing and assignments to majors users.
- Manage frequency allocations, assignments, licensing and equipment import authorisation, spectrum control, international cooperation, liaison and consultation on spectrum engineering and support.
- Manage the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) obligations and information for all ships and aircrafts registered in the Cayman Islands.
- Work closely with ICT (Information and Communication Technology) team members on creation of a strong regulatory regime for broadcasting, including but not limited to, consumer protection and content regulation.
- Keep abreast of, report on, and develop strategies for any new innovations in both technology and regulatory regime to ensure the regulations/Acts are properly exposed to all applicable new innovations in the ICT world particularly where relevant locally.
- Manage and update as required, all spectrum management policies and procedures necessary to ensure safe and efficient use of spectrum and to enhance the quality of service and the effectiveness of the regulatory regime.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. Alternatively, candidates certified as a RF Engineer or similar may apply.
- Post-graduate qualification in radio network engineering and management would be an advantage.
- A recognised project management qualification (CAPM, CPM, PWP, CompTIA) would be an advantage.
- Other verifiable spectrum management qualification/certification or training would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within the ICT industry, with at least five (5) years of spectrum specific experience. .
Salary: US$90,000 – US$120,000 per annum plus benefits
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.