Permanent. Assistant Vice President (Captives)
Job Reference: 982057
The Agency is recruiting for an Assistant Vice President for a leading insurance firm.
Full Job Description
As an Assistant Vice President, you will lead relationships on captive and reinsurance accounts, maintaining strong connections with clients, representatives, and regulatory agencies. You will also supervise and mentor junior team members, offer feedback, assist with goal setting, and support career development initiatives.
- Manage administrative tasks for a portfolio of captive and reinsurance accounts.
- Offer underwriting and pricing assistance for various direct and reinsurance programs.
- Client relationship management and acting as liaison between captive and the team, ensuring high quality service levels.
- Involvement in business development strategy and execution.
- Handle the general insurance administration of a portfolio of captive and reinsurance accounts.
- Draft policies, endorsements and reinsurance agreements and the general coordination of technical insurance matters.
- Assist with planning and implementing objectives and performance measures, and new business development.
- Prepare board meeting packs and presenting financial and other information to key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance and regulatory obligations are upheld and timely submission of filings.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field.
- Professional insurance qualifications (ACII, CPCU or equivalent).
- A minimum of 10 years’ of progressive financial leadership experience
- Several years of experience in global insurance/reinsurance underwriting and program structuring.
- Sound practical knowledge of all major insurance/reinsurance classes (Life & Non-Life).
- Strong analytical skills in risk, insurance, finance, accounting and actuarial principles and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation skills with clients, insurance companies, reinsurers combined with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills to establish vision and inspire and motivate team members to achieve extraordinary results.
- Proven track record in developing new business and winning clients.
Salary: US$105,000 – US$120,000 per annum, plus benefits.
We believe in inclusive workplaces and we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that candidates may require during the recruitment process; you will be asked if you require any during the application process. If you’d like to request additional options, please email email@example.com. If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.