Job Reference: 983658
On behalf of a client, we are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join their team for a contract period of 6 Months. (Temp)
Full Job Description
You will be supporting the Deputy General Counsel, by preparing documents like affidavits and legal correspondence, as well as organizing and maintaining files. You will also be asked to file pleadings with court clerks and help prepare for trials by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as required.
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in an efficient filing system.
- Assist Legal Counsels with case management and support with operational and regulatory obligations.
- Performing all aspects of administrative preparation for court hearings, including attendance at court appearances to take notes, and provide administrative services associated with FOI requests and appeals.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Keeping the law library up-to-date by monitoring legal volumes.
- A law degree from an accredited institution or a diploma in law or a legal certificate
- Minimum of five years of related work experience including 3 years’ experience filing of court documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to run their own files from start to finish.
- Great communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Be able to deliver excellent service to clients
Salary; Hourly rate DOE.
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to hear about similar positions, please apply or email Taylor@theagency.ky with a copy of your CV.
We believe in inclusive workplaces and we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that candidates may require during the recruitment process; you will be asked if you require any during the application process. If you’d like to request additional options, please email email@example.com.